THE REGINA DRAGON BOAT FESTIVALPractice Information
Regina Dragon Boat Festival
Team Practice Information
Captain, Coach and Steersperson Responsibility
- Ensure ALL team members have completed and signed Paddler Registration / Waiver form online or paper form prior to participant’s first practice.
- The steersperson must be attentive to the other watercraft in the lake and obey the boat safety rules in regards to sharing the lake.
- Every boat needs to be equipped with a safety kit as well as everyone must be wearing a PFD at all times.
- Practices are one hour in length and they start and end at the marina which is located next to The Willow restaurant.
- Practices run Monday through Friday either at 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm or 7:30 pm and anytime on the weekends. There are some days and times that the lake is booked for other events. If you would like to book your practices or to book at times outside of these time slots please send your request(s) to the Dragonboat Practice Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You receive 3 free practices with your registration. You cannot book practices until the full registration is paid. Additional practice fees are $40.00 per practice session. Every team must have a coach assigned from the Dragonboat Practice Coordinator leading their practices. The Practice Coordinator will assign a coach(es) to your boat. For any coach requests please contact email@example.com
- Teams returning to the dock late will be charged $70.00 per occurrence.
- All practice fees must be paid before the scheduled practice. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of future practices. Paying for all of your practices will secure you a boat as your practice is only booked if paid for.
Practice Cancellations and Refund Policies
- You require a minimum of 10 paddlers (not including the drummer and steersperson). You will not be allowed on the water if you do not meet this requirement and no refunds will be given. You may, however, join with another boat if they also have low attendance.
- Refunds/credits will only be offered if the Dragonboat Practice Coordinator cancels practice prior to the team launching from the docks. The only reason the Coordinator would cancel would be due to lightning or any other safety reasons. The Practice Coordinator will contact you in this instance either by phone, text or email as well as posting it on Facebook or on the website. The Coordinator will make the call at least one hour before your practice. Any other conditions, it is up to the discretion of the boat and the coach whether it is safe to have the practice.
- Each team is expected to be back at the end of their time slot. Late teams may have to pay for the affected team’s practice fee and/or lose their future practice times.
- You must contact the Dragonboat Practice Coordinator at least 12 hours prior to practice for any cancellations. Failure to do so will conclude with the practice considered to be paid for. To cancel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 306-502-3993. You may, however, reschedule your practice if you have notified the Coordinator the 12 hours before your practice.
For any other questions, comments, concerns or bookings please contact: email@example.com
Register and Pay Online