THE REGINA DRAGON BOAT FESTIVALRace Information
Canadian National Dragon Boat Championship & Regina Dragon Boat Festival
WELCOME TO THE
Canadian National Dragon Boat Championship & the Regina Dragon Boat Festival
July 18-21, 2019
Regina Dragon Boat Race Information
Festival Dates: July 18-21, 2019
Location: Pine Island, corner of Wascana Parkway & Legislative Dr
Race Course: Saturday Races – 200 metres
Sunday Races – 500 meters, Women, Adult Mixed
Sunday Races – 2000 meter Adult Mixed
Maximum Number of Teams: 75, however, no teams will be turned away.
RATES AND DEADLINES
May 15, 2019 1st Early Bird
$950.00 + $47.50 GST ($997.50) for adult teams $650.00 + $32.50 GST ($682.50) for out of province teams, $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for Junior teams
June 1, 2019 2nd Early Bird
$1050.00 + $52.50 GST ($1102.50) for adult teams, $700.00 + $35.00 GST ($735.00) for out of province teams, $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
July 1, 2019 Final Registration
$1150 + $57.50 GST ($1207.50) for adult teams, $800 + $40.00 GST ($840.00)for out of town/province teams, $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
Saturday 200m Sprints: no additional charge, all teams registered in the festival will be registered for the sprints.
Sunday 2000m Race: No additional charge, teams can sign up the day of, with registration.
Sunday 500m Adult Mixed Races
All Festival training sessions are conducted by coaches from the Regina Dragon Boat Festival
- Each team will be provided with 3 practice sessions upon registering
- EACH MEMBER MUST SIGN THE WAIVER FORM PRIOR TO TRAINING SESSIONS. FORM WILL BE LOCATED IN EQUIPMENT SHED AT THE LAKE
- Each crew member must attend a minimum of 2 practice sessions before they can be placed on the race roster (the manager must maintain a practice roster)
- Practices are scheduled through the Festival Training Coordinator
- Practices are conducted at Wascana Center Marina
- Additional practices are available from Regina Dragon Boat Festival for $40.00/practice paid prior to the practice commencing
- Practices cancelled due to lightning or high winds will be rescheduled
- NO CREWS WILL BE ON THE WATER WITHOUT BEING BOOKED THROUGH THE TRAINING COORDINATOR.
- 200-meter sprint races will be held Saturday July 20th
- 500-meter races and the 2000 meter pursuit will be held on Sunday, July 21st
- The alternate date TBD
- Recreational and junior teams compete on the basis of placing
- The minimum race crew is 16 paddlers, 1 drummer, and 1 steers-person
- Crews exceeding the 22 crew members maximum will be disqualified
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
All registered teams will be provided with a designated space within the tents of our Paddler’s Village. Each team member receives a wristband for the weekend and, in addition to allowing you to race, it also allows you access to the Village. Access to Paddler’s Village is restricted to paddlers or team members only.
TEAM FUN NIGHT
All registered teams are encouraged to attend the opening ceremony for a parade of teams to the opening. Besides listening to great music under the big tent, teams will get a chance to compete in friendly games like our World Famous Beer Paddle Races. It’s a great opportunity for teams to not only build on their own team spirit but also to share a drink and a laugh with their competitors. We hope to see all teams out for a great time!