RACE INFORMATIONPaddlin' the Prairies | On Regina's Mighty Shores
Regina Dragon Boat Race Information
Festival Dates: August 26-27-28, 2022
Race Course: Friday Races – Fun Event Racing (Obstacles, blind, backward, 200m sprint, +other races); paddleboard races
Saturday Races: Regular 200m, 500m races in Women, Adult Mixed, Open, & Cancer Survivor Divisions
Sunday Races: All Division Finals for 200m – 500m & 2000 meter open finale
Maximum Number of Teams: 75, however, no teams will be turned away.
RATES AND DEADLINES
200m & 500m Races | All Divisions
May 15, 2022 1st Early Bird
- $950.00 + $47.50 GST ($997.50) for adult teams
- $650.00 + $32.50 GST ($682.50) for out of province teams
- $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for Junior teams
- 200/500m races & Awakening the Dragon Fun Event $997.50 + $250 ($1247.50) for adult teams;
- $682.50 +$250 ($932.50) for out of province teams;
- $493.50 + $250 ($743.50) for junior teams.
The Fun Event package pricing only applies to the 1st Early Bird registration. All teams can enter any of the team paddling events.
In the case of Awakening the Dragon fun event a 20 man team may use different members of their team to compete in the fun event.
June 15, 2022 | 2nd Early Bird
- $1050.00 + $52.50 GST ($1102.50) for adult teams,
- $700.00 + $35.00 GST ($735.00) for out of province teams,
- $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
August 7, 2022 | Final Registration
- $1150 + $57.50 GST ($1207.50) for adult teams
- $800 + $40.00 GST ($840.00)for out of town/province teams,
- $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
*All teams are automatically entered in the 200m sprints with their registration. If a team elects to not paddle in the 200m sprints it must enter NO on the registration
“Awakening the Dragon” Fun Event:
- $330.20 + $19.80 ($350.00) ONE DAY ONLY FRIDAY 26th.
- 10 paddlers + 1 steersperson in a 10 person boat
Paddlers in this event may still enter their names/team for the 2000m event on Sunday. As a 10 person team, you can combine with another team to form a full 20 person crew or simply register as a single to join another crew.
Paddle Board Races Only: (Competitive or Recreational):
- Introductory Price $75
- $50, If paddle board contestants are also registered with a team in the Fun Event or 200/500m Dragon Boat Races
- ALL PADDLE BOARD RACES (2 Qualifiers & 1 Final)
- Paddlers will use their own board. Boards may be available to those without a personal paddleboard (check with firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation)
- All races are SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY.
Sunday 2000m Race:
FREE with registration in any event. Singles or Teams can register Friday thru Sunday.
FINAL Race of the day
- Each team is given 3 FREE practice sessions upon registering
- EACH TEAM CAPTAIN MUST SUBMIT THE ON LINE WAIVER FORM COMPLETE WITH ALL TEAM MEMBERS INFORMATION PRIOR TO ANY TRAINING SESSION. SUBMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION IS BASED ON THE UNDERSTANDING THE TEAM CAPTAIN HAS OBTAINED APPROVAL FROM EACH MEMBER THAT THEIR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED ONLY WITH THE RDBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THEREBY GRANTS APPROVAL FOR THE RDBF TO SHARE DRAGON BOAT INFORMATION AS IT PERTAINS TO ALL ITS PARTICIPANTS.
- IF A TEAM MEMBER DOES NOT WISH TO BE LISTED ON THE ON LINE REGISTRATION FORM AND SHARE THEIR INFORMATION THEY MUST COMPLETE A SEPARATE INDIVIDUAL WAIVER FORM AND SUBMIT THAT WITH THE TEAM FORMS PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST PRACTICE SESSION.
- Each crew member must attend a minimum of 2 practice sessions before they can be placed on the race roster (the manager must maintain a practice roster)
- Practices are scheduled through the Festival Training Coordinator
- Practices are conducted at Wascana Center Marina
- Additional practices are available from Regina Dragon Boat Festival for $40.00/practice paid prior to the practice commencing
- Practices cancelled due to lightning or high winds will be rescheduled
- NO CREWS WILL BE ON THE WATER WITHOUT BEING BOOKED THROUGH THE TRAINING COORDINATOR.
- 200/500m qualifying races will be held Saturday
- 200/500/2000m final races will be held on Sunday
- Awakening the Dragon Fun Event will be held Friday
- Paddle Board Event will be held Friday
- all races will be 200m
- all paddlers in both divisions can use their own personal board
- boards may be available to those who do not have a personal board (check with email@example.com prior to registration)
- Any alternate date TBD by the committee
- Recreational and junior teams compete on the basis of placing
- The minimum race crew is 16 paddlers, 1 drummer, and 1 steers-person
- Teams can carry a maximum of 25 crew members with a maximum 20 paddlers, 1 steer, 1 drummer for each race
- All races are governed by IDBF rules
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
All registered teams will be provided with a first come space within Paddler’s Village. Each team member receives a wristband for the weekend that allows you to race, access to paddlers village and the Beer Gardens.
TEAM FUN NIGHT
All registered teams are encouraged to attend the opening ceremony. Listen to great music, compete in some friendly games, and participate in group activities. It’s a great opportunity for teams to not only build on their own team spirit but also to share a drink and a laugh with their competitors. We hope to see all teams out for a great time!
Regina Dragon Boat FestivalAugust 26-27-28, 2022
Regina Dragon Boat Festival
The Annual Regina Dragon Boat Festival has been a long time favourite event for paddlers, residents and visitors from across Canada.
Our city and dedicated volunteers welcome you to Regina’s beautiful Wascana Park for a summer experience of festival excitement and camaraderie second to none.