Regina Dragon Boat Race Information
Festival Dates: August 30-31, 2024
Friday Races – 200m Sprints qualifying races
Saturday Races – 200m Finals, 500m qualifying/final races in Ladies, Adult Mixed & Cancer Survivor Divisions:
Maximum Number of Teams: 75, however, no teams will be turned away.
RATES AND DEADLINES
200m & 500m Races | All Divisions
May 15, 2024 1st Early Bird
- $795.00 + $39.75 GST ($834.75) for adult teams
- $550.00 + $27.50 GST ($577.50) for out of province teams
- $350.00 + $17.50 GST ($367.50) for Junior teams
June 15, 2024 | 2nd Early Bird
- $950.00 + $47.50 GST ($997.50) for adult teams,
- $650.00 + $32.50 GST ($682.50) for out of province teams,
- $450.00+ $22.50 GST ($472.50) for junior teams
August 10, 2024 | Final Registration
- $1150 + $57.50 GST ($1207.50) for adult teams
- $800 + $40.00 GST ($840.00)for out of town/province teams,
- $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
*All teams are automatically entered in the 200m sprints with their registration. If a team elects to not paddle in the 200m sprints it must enter NO on the registration
Registration for any paddling event is only completed when waivers, registration, and fees have been received by the due dates.
- Each team is given 3 FREE practice sessions upon registering
- EACH TEAM CAPTAIN MUST SUBMIT THE ON LINE WAIVER FORM COMPLETE WITH ALL TEAM MEMBERS INFORMATION PRIOR TO ANY TRAINING SESSION. SUBMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION IS BASED ON THE UNDERSTANDING THE TEAM CAPTAIN HAS OBTAINED APPROVAL FROM EACH MEMBER THAT THEIR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED ONLY WITH THE RDBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THEREBY GRANTS APPROVAL FOR THE RDBF TO SHARE DRAGON BOAT INFORMATION AS IT PERTAINS TO ALL ITS PARTICIPANTS.
- IF A TEAM MEMBER DOES NOT WISH TO BE LISTED ON THE ON LINE REGISTRATION FORM AND SHARE THEIR INFORMATION THEY MUST COMPLETE A SEPARATE INDIVIDUAL WAIVER FORM AND SUBMIT THAT WITH THE TEAM FORMS PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST PRACTICE SESSION.
- Each crew member must attend a minimum of 2 practice sessions before they can be placed on the race roster (the manager must maintain a practice roster)
- Practices are scheduled through the President
- Practices are conducted at Wascana Center Marina
- Additional practices are available from Regina Dragon Boat Festival for $40.00/practice paid prior to the practice commencing
- Practices cancelled due to lightning or high winds will be rescheduled
- NO CREWS WILL BE ON THE WATER WITHOUT THE PRACTICE BEING BOOKED
- 200m qualifying races will be held Friday Evening 6pm-7:30pm
- 200/500/2000m final races will be held on Saturday 10am – 6pm
- Any alternate date TBD by the committee
- Recreational and junior teams compete on the basis of placing
- The minimum race crew is 16 paddlers, 1 drummer, and 1 steers-person
- Teams can carry a maximum of 25 crew members with a maximum 20 paddlers, 1 steer, 1 drummer for each race
- All races are governed by IDBF rules
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
All registered teams will be provided with a first come space within Paddler’s Village. Each team member receives a wristband for the weekend that allows you to race, access to paddlers village and the Beer Gardens.
TEAM FUN NIGHT
All registered teams are encouraged to attend the opening ceremony. Listen to great music, compete in some friendly games, and participate in group activities. It’s a great opportunity for teams to not only build on their own team spirit but also to share a drink and a laugh with their competitors. We hope to see all teams out for a great time!