RACE INFORMATIONPaddlin' the Prairies | On Regina's Mighty Shores
Regina Dragon Boat Race Information
Festival Dates: September 3rd& 4thth, 2021
Location: Pine Island, corner of Wascana Parkway & Legislative Dr
Race Course: Friday Races – 200 meters
Saturday Races – 500 meters, Women, Adult Mixed, Cancer Survivor
Saturday Races – 2000 meter Adult Mixed
Maximum Number of Teams: 75, however, no teams will be turned away.
RATES AND DEADLINES
May 15, 2021 1st Early Bird
$950.00 + $47.50 GST ($997.50) for adult teams $650.00 + $32.50 GST ($682.50) for out of province teams, $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for Junior teams
June 30, 2021 2nd Early Bird
$1050.00 + $52.50 GST ($1102.50) for adult teams, $700.00 + $35.00 GST ($735.00) for out of province teams, $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
August 22, 2021 Final Registration
$1150 + $57.50 GST ($1207.50) for adult teams, $800 + $40.00 GST ($840.00)for out of town/province teams, $470.00 + $23.50 GST ($493.50) for junior teams
Friday 200m Sprints: FREE with registration. Teams must indicate YES or NO on registration application
Saturday 2000m Race: FREE with registration. Teams or Individuals can register all day Saturday.
Saturday 500m Adult Mixed Races 9am – 5pm
- Each team is given 3 FREE practice sessions upon registering
- EACH TEAM CAPTAIN MUST SUBMIT THE ON LINE WAIVER FORM COMPLETE WITH ALL TEAM MEMBERS INFORMATION PRIOR TO ANY TRAINING SESSION. SUBMISSION OF THIS INFORMATION IS BASED ON THE UNDERSTANDING THE TEAM CAPTAIN HAS OBTAINED APPROVAL FROM EACH MEMBER THAT THEIR INFORMATION MAY BE SHARED ONLY WITH THE RDBF BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND THEREBY GRANTS APPROVAL FOR THE RDBF TO SHARE DRAGON BOAT INFORMATION AS IT PERTAINS TO ALL ITS PARTICIPANTS.
- IF A TEAM MEMBER DOES NOT WISH TO BE LISTED ON THE ON LINE REGISTRATION FORM AND SHARE THEIR INFORMATION THEY MUST COMPLETE A SEPARATE INDIVIDUAL WAIVER FORM AND SUBMIT THAT WITH THE TEAM FORMS PRIOR TO THEIR FIRST PRACTICE SESSION.
- Each crew member must attend a minimum of 2 practice sessions before they can be placed on the race roster (the manager must maintain a practice roster)
- Practices are scheduled through the Festival Training Coordinator
- Practices are conducted at Wascana Center Marina
- Additional practices are available from Regina Dragon Boat Festival for $40.00/practice paid prior to the practice commencing
- Practices cancelled due to lightning or high winds will be rescheduled
- NO CREWS WILL BE ON THE WATER WITHOUT BEING BOOKED THROUGH THE TRAINING COORDINATOR.
- 200-meter sprint races will be held Friday
- 500-meter races and the 2000 meter pursuit will be held on Saturday
- The alternate date TBD
- Recreational and junior teams compete on the basis of placing
- The minimum race crew is 16 paddlers, 1 drummer, and 1 steers-person
- Crews exceeding the 22 crew members maximum will be disqualified
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
All registered teams will be provided with a first come space within the tents of our Paddler’s Village. Each team member receives a wristband for the weekend and, in addition to allowing you to race, it also allows you access to the Village. Access to Paddler’s Village is restricted to paddlers or team members only.
TEAM FUN NIGHT
All registered teams are encouraged to attend the opening ceremony for a parade of teams to the opening. Besides listening to great music under the big tent, teams will get a chance to compete in friendly games like our World Famous Beer Paddle Races. It’s a great opportunity for teams to not only build on their own team spirit but also to share a drink and a laugh with their competitors. We hope to see all teams out for a great time!
Regina Dragon Boat FestivalSEPTEMBER 3rd & 4th, 2021
Regina Dragon Boat Festival
The Annual Regina Dragon Boat Festival has been a long time favourite event for paddlers, residents and visitors from across Canada.
Our city and dedicated volunteers welcome you to Regina’s beautiful Wascana Park for a summer experience of festival excitement and camaraderie second to none.